Now you don't need to face the hassles of visiting RTO office for driving license and registration services. Check out how.
Recently Union ministry of road transport and highways (MoRTH) has released a notification that states contactless services through Aadhar authentication are launched for the citizens of India. Now, you are not required to visit the regional transport offices (RTOs) to avail services including renewal of driver’s license, obtaining a learners’ permit, vehicle registration, and more.
As per the notification, it will cover a total of 18 services. The new system will simplify the government delivery processes and bring in more efficiency and transparency. It will also enable you to get the work done directly from the RTO in a seamless manner.
Certain services regarding Driving License and Certificate of Registration have been made completely online. Now these services can be availed without going to RTO. With Aadhaar authentication, on voluntary basis, anyone can get the benefit of these contactless services. pic.twitter.com/UBBvbbsGfG— MORTHINDIA (@MORTHIndia) March 4, 2021
18 RTO licence-related services for which Aadhaar authentication is required
1. Learner’s License
2. Duplicate Driving License
3. Renewal of Driving License for which test of competence to drive is not required
4. Change of Address in Driving License and Certificate of Registration
5. Surrender of Class of Vehicle from License
6. Issue of International Driving Permit
7. Application for Temporary Registration of motor vehicle
8. Application for issue of duplicate Certificate of Registration
9. Application for Registration of motor vehicle with fully built body
10. Application for Grant of NOC for Certificate of Registration
11. Notice of Transfer of Ownership of motor vehicle
12. Application for Transfer of Ownership of motor vehicle
13. Application for registration for driver training from Accredited Driver training centre
14. Intimation of Change of Address in Certificate of Registration
15. Application for registration of motor vehicle of Diplomatic Officer
16. Application for assignment of Fresh Registration Mark of motor vehicle of Diplomatic Officer
17. Termination of hire-purchase agreement
18. Endorsement of hire-purchase agreement
Any person who wants to avail above mentioned contactless services need to undergo Aadhaar authentication. If you have not received your Aadhaar number yet then you can also use your enrolment slip ID for authentication.
Earlier, the government notified that citizens can now link driver license and RTO vehicle registration certificate with their Aadhaar number.