You can now download the DigiLocker application in your phone, and upload all your necessary car documents to it. You can save yourself the headache of carrying your documents around every time you think of going out for a drive.
As per the amendments in Central Motor Vehicles Rules in November 2018, documents including insurance, fitness and permit, driving licence (DL), pollution-under-control certificate (PUC) are now acceptable in electronic form through DigiLocker!
As a part of the Digital India initiative, the Indian government has launched DigiLocker as part of encouraging paperless governance. It is a cloud-based platform that is launched for storage, issuance, verification and sharing of certificates and documents in a digital format.
This app enables registered organisations to let you upload a digital copy into their DigiLocker accounts. Through DigiLocker, you can securely store a lot of documents including marksheets, PAN card, Aadhaar Card, Driving Licence, insurance certificate etc.
How to upload documents in DigiLocker?
- Download and install the DigiLocker app on your smartphone. Click on the upload button, search the file from your drive and select ‘open’ to complete the uploading.
- Tap on ‘Select Doc Type’ to assign a document type to the uploaded file. Select the right document type from the dropdown and click save.
- You can also change the name of the file through the edit icon located right next to the filename.
Benefits of using DigiLocker
- You can get access to your documents anywhere and anytime. It saves you a lot of time and is very convenient. It will also saves you from the worry of forgetting your driving licence. Hence, saving you from unwanted challans.
- This saves paper as you are not required to carry photocopies of your original documents everywhere.
- It is easier to evaluate the authenticity of the document as all of them are issued directly by authorities. Documents can be easily authenticated by scanning the QA code or by using the QR scan facility available in the DigiLocker application.
- This eliminates the risk of theft or loss of documents. As documents are stored digitally, there is no need to carry to original documents.
- You can also e-Sign self uploaded documents as mentioned on DigiLocker’s official website. This process is similar to the self-attestation of actual documents.
To discover more, follow the link - https://carinfo.app.link