Carinfo collects, uses, retains and protects your personal information in accordance with its privacy standards as well as any applicable national laws. Carinfo may process or retain your personal information on its servers in India.
This policy may change from time to time, your continued use of Carinfo’s services after it makes any change is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Carinfo collects several types of information from and about our users of our Services, including:
- While using the app Carinfo may collect certain information provided by the user like the name, e-mail address, mobile number, gender, etc. Carinfo user may also provide this information via third party sign-in services like Truecaller.
- Your Personal Information- Personal Information is the information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data, or from the data and other information that we have, or is likely to have access to. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and your usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us; and/or
- Automatically as you navigate through our services (information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies).
Thus no Personal Information of the Users is either used for any commercial purpose or passed on to Third Parties, except the publicly available information about vehicles as provided by Government Parivahan Service. In case the App stores any Personal Information, such information is used only for the limited purpose of analyzing statistical data for the better functionality of the App. Such Personal Information is deleted from our Servers as soon as this Personal Information is no longer required.
The Personal Information of User is the same information which is publically available on Government Parivahan Service. The same information is made available to the Users of our App. In case the Government Parivahan Service stops showing some or all of the Personal Information, Carinfo undertakes to follow suit and withdraw the disclosure of all information except the one publically being shown by Government Parivahan Service.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
- To provide interest-based advertising based on probabilistically modeled insights based on visitation patterns
While using the App, in case of an error, Carinfo may collect data and information (through third-party products) on User’s phone called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as User’s device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when utilizing our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics. However, no Personal Information of the User is disclosed either by Carinfo or any third party.
Carinfo may send some marketing material to the e-mail addresses of our Users which may or may not be linked or related to our App and may be sent by Third parties. However, Users shall have the option to opt-out of these promotional or marketing e-mails. No claims whatsoever should lie against Carinfo for sending these marketing and promotional e-mails.
If the User opts out of targeted advertising delivered by Carinfo, please note this does not mean User will not receive advertisements. This solely provides User with the choice to receive advertisements that are not targeted at the User and to control the data collected on User for the purpose of displaying advertisements.
Carinfo shall employ all means to protect your Personal Information. However, despite all measures to protect the data on our servers, Carinfo shall not be responsible for any unauthorized access or use of data.
If the Users of Carinfo share any information on the App or the Third-Party links on the App, such content or information shared by the Users may be visible to other Users and can be read, collected and used by them.
Any reviews of our App by the Users are also in public domain and are accessible to the public at large.
Carinfo without any prior permission do not permit anyone to load/hyperlink any part of the App to any other App/website. Carinfo also do not permit any app/blog or any social media pages to be hyperlinked to Carinfo’s App.
By accessing this website the user agrees that Carinfo will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss, of any nature whatsoever, arising from the use or inability to use the website and from the material contained in this App or in any link thereof. The use of the App or any incidental issue that may arise shall be strictly governed by the laws in force in India and by using this App the user submits himself/herself to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Delhi/New Delhi.
The copyright of the material contained in this App exclusively belongs to and is solely vested with Carinfo. The access to this App does not license the User to reproduce or transmit or store anywhere or disseminate the contents of any part thereof in any manner.