India is currently battling with the deadly second wave of the novel coronavirus, several states and UTs have restricted the movement of people and vehicles. This has led to many people not being able to completer their driving license process or get their registration certificate (RC) and related services.
Though, many states have shut their Regional Transport Offices (RTOs), the Indian government has brought some respite for Indians to get their work done. The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has proposed new guidelines for new application or renewal of a Driving License or a Registration Certificate.
As of now, the online service is available to only a few states, including Delhi. There are overall 18 services that are available online. You can also use Aadhar-based Authentication to avail the services online. That means, you don't need to visit the RTO office anymore. Here's how you can avail the RTO online services completely online:
- You need to visit the official RTO website: https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/.
2. Choose the service that you want to avail. For example: if the user wants to apply for new driving license then select the “Drivers License" option.
3. You need to select your state on the next page. You can check whether the facility is available completely online in particular state or not.
18 RTO licence-related services for which Aadhaar authentication is required
1. Learner’s License
2. Duplicate Driving License
3. Renewal of Driving License
4. Change of Address in Driving License and Certificate of Registration
5. Surrender of Class of Vehicle from License
6. Issue of International Driving Permit
7. Application for Temporary Registration of motor vehicle
8. Application for issue of duplicate Certificate of Registration
9. Application for Registration of motor vehicle with fully built body
10. Application for Grant of NOC for Certificate of Registration
11. Notice of Transfer of Ownership of motor vehicle
12. Application for Transfer of Ownership of motor vehicle
13. Application for registration for driver training from Accredited Driver training centre
14. Intimation of Change of Address in Certificate of Registration
15. Application for registration of motor vehicle of Diplomatic Officer
16. Application for assignment of Fresh Registration Mark of motor vehicle of Diplomatic Officer
17. Termination of hire-purchase agreement
18. Endorsement of hire-purchase agreement
It is to be noted that the main motive behind bringing these new rules is to make the process of registration of a new vehicle easier. Now, the Renewal of registration certificate (RC) can be done 60 days prior. Also, the duration for temporary registration has also been increased from 1 month to 6 months.