The following tips are the best way to keep up your vehicle while it is not in use:
- Make sure your battery is maintained and charged at all times.
- Start the vehicle at least once or twice a week. Make sure it gets up to full operating temperature before you shut it back down.
- Make sure your tyre pressure is what is says on the door, and maybe even 3-5 psi higher than that if it's going to sit for an extended period of time.
- If possible, park your vehicle on wooden blocks underneath the tires to keep the cement from drawing the air pressure out of them.
- Clean the inside of the car and that will prevent any smells or mold building up.
- DO NOT set the parking brake if you're going to park it for more than 30 days because the pads or shoes can seize to the drum or the rotor and cause problems down the road when you move it.
- Bike owners should put their bike on main stand.
Remember to practice social distancing at all times. Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds after you come back inside your home, with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub. Don't touch your eyes, nose, or mouth if your hands are not clean.